With Real Madrid currently 10 points clear of Barcelona, it is highly unlikely that ‘los cules’ can come back (even with another Clasico in April at the Camp Nou). That does not mean however, that there is not going to be any drama over the next few months. The league is almost a free-for-all with Sporting (19th) at 26 points and Sevilla (13th) with 26 points. Sometimes at the end of the season the most entertaining aspect is watching who goes up and who goes down in the relegation zone, rather than watching one of the big two win the crown. An abbreviated Quiniela this week.
As always, the rules: I will cover each game and assign a ‘1’ for a home team win, an ‘x’ for a draw, and a ‘2’ for an away team win. Please feel free to post your own Quiniela in the comments section. At the end of the season if you have a better winning percentage than I do Todd will buy you a steak dinner at the restaurant of your choosing. Let’s go!
1. Getafe (12th) – Espanyol (5th): 2
2. Real Madrid (1st) – Racing de Santander (18th): 1
3. Sevilla (13th) – Osasuna (8th): 2
4. Granada (17th) – Real Sociedad (11th): 2
5. Athletic de Bilbao (9th) – Málaga (7th): 1
6. Sporting de Gijón (19th) – Atletico de Madrid (6th): 2
7. Mallorca (16th) – Villarreal (15th): 2.
8. Levante (4th) – Rayo Vallecano (10th): X
9. Barcelona (2nd) – Valencia (3rd): X
10. Zaragoza (20th) – Betis (14th): 2
Last Week 3/10.
By: Ryan Moore